Q. Can I recycle Styrofoam Cups, Cartons, Trays or Packaging?
A. No – Styrofoam of any kind is not acceptable.
Q. Can I place plastic bags in my recycle container?
A. No – Plastic bags or film plastics such as bread bags or dry cleaner bags are not acceptable in the recycle container. Please return plastic bags to retailer or grocer. Go to PlasticFilmRecycling.org to find a drop off location near you
Q. Can I recycle fast food packaging?
A. Yes – Much of the packaging you receive from fast food restaurants is recyclable. Please do not place these fast food items in your recycle container
- Styrofoam cups or take-out cartons
- Soiled napkins
- Plastic Utensils (forks, spoons, knives)
- Burger / Sandwich / Taco wrappers
- Heavily soiled burger or sandwich boxes
Q. Can I place electronics in my recycle container?
A. No – All electronic waste (if it has a cord, runs on batteries or winds up) is not acceptable in your recycle container. You can recycle your electronics at the following locations:
- Natural Evolution – (918) 836-2995 / www.NaturalEvolution.com
- the M.e.t. – (918) 584-0584 / www.MetRecycle.com (call to find out which recycling depots accept electronic waste)
Q. Is my furnace filter recyclable?
A. No – Due to the design and purpose of a furnace filter, it is not recyclable
Q. What items in the bathroom can I recycle?
A. Several items in the bathroom can be placed in your recycle container
- Shampoo and conditioner containers
- Toothpaste box
- Toilet tissue roll
- Air freshener or hair product aerosol cans
- Mouthwash container
- Empty medication containers
Q. How long would it take to separate my recyclables at Mr. Murph if my recycle container is completely full?
A. It would take approximately three minutes for your recyclables to be separated by our automated equipment. Recyclables are processed at rates of 36,000 to 40,000 thousand pounds per hour. For this reason, it is important that only acceptable recyclables listed on the lid of your recycle container or refrigerator magnet are placed in the recycle container